Integrating technology in classrooms is something several schools, colleges, and universities are adopting. By harnessing the benefits of technology for learning, respective tutors aim to make lessons more interactive and interesting – especially complex concepts and topics.
Furthermore, with technology, tutors and school faculty can organize curriculum schedules and improve course presentations and explanations using several media and visuals to enrich learning.
Many Academic Experts Opine:
Today’s technology provides access to instant information. It also ensures learning clarity for students of all ages.
Smartphones, tablets, computers and even advanced calculator tools also exist for daily use. Hence, it’s important to regularly use them in classroom learning to create insightful and purposeful education for learners.
Digging Deeper into Incorporating Technology in Classroom Learning
Students today lose interest in a subject quickly, if not well taught. Hence, the onus falls on the tutor to impart lessons engagingly to meet the learning objectives. Incorporating modern-day learning technologies helps them hook students into taking lessons seriously.
Tutors can create a ‘Virtual Classroom’ comprising paths with vivid instructions to satiate the distinctive education needs of learners. Doing so allows teachers to create a broader classroom climate.
Distinctive features of Virtual Classrooms
- Message Boards – School faculty can add a message board on their online platform, thus enabling students to clarify or ask questions from the course tutor.
- Asynchronous Learning –Via virtual learning classes, tutors present assignments for students to finish within a week. During the 1st week, the coursework becomes accessible on the site on Monday. This gives students 1 week to view online lectures and finish reading or related homework by Sunday.
- Lecture Recordings and Video Conferences – The tutor typically includes video conferences and lecture recordings for each week’s coursework. Some teachers may also arrange for students to attend a video conference to discuss assignments and relevant questions. Such virtual communication presents students with ample scope to interact with the tutor and other classmates.
Of course, since not every student may be available for the conference, teachers record their lectures and upload them into the course folder for later viewing.
Besides Virtual Classrooms, there are Other Ways to Integrate Learning Technology for Student’s Growth.
Tutors can post homework/assignments online via Brightspace, Blackboard, Moodle and other platforms. Such integrations allow students to easily obtain their tasks online, increase engagement, and be more organised.
Special mentioning – Besides classroom technology, students can opt for other useful tech-powered service platforms like essay help online. Check here.
These platforms allow students 24×7 accessibility to various subject tutors for assignment guidance. It also gives students lots of free AI academic tools – grammar checkers, Plagiarism detectors, paraphrasing tools, calculator software, etc.- to use when compiling written tasks.
PowerPoint Presentations & Interactive Online Games
PowerPoint presentations prove ideal for introducing classroom concepts whilst allowing scope for learner engagement. Besides using bulleted facts and graphical data to impart lessons, PowerPoint can also feature links on taught lessons for self/home learning.
Other learning applications like Kahoot help review students’ information post-lessons. Respective tutors can compile and share Kahoot with students to create faux usernames and partake in gaming activities.
The impressive thing about such apps is they prompt whole classroom participation. Students can play the game on their computer, smartphone or tablet. The tutor can also decide if students can play solo or work together.
Tablets for Students in Classroom
Tablets in the classroom enable tutors to work with students at their learning pace during lessons or working assignments. It also presents them scope to impart customised instructions to each student per their requirements.
Online Grading Technology
Many schools/colleges and universities use online grading technology to recognise each student’s strengths and areas needing improvement.
One popular grading system: PowerSchool facilitates open communication lines, allowing tutors to upload test and assignment grades, evaluate students’ attendances and even transcript data accurately.
Email List Management Technology
Tutors can also integrate an email list management technology to aptly organise their email threads and provide key updates, announcements, discussions and newsletters to keep parents in the loop.
It establishes transparent communication and enables parents to keep track of all educational activities and their kid’s academic performances.
More Ways to Incorporate Learning Technology (For Various Age Groups)
- Online Spelling training technology helps students improve their vocabulary, spelling and pronunciation. Teachers can upload a list of unique words for students to learn and practice. Parents, too, can use this software to improve their kids’ fundamental language skills. These tools are typically integrated into elementary classrooms to improve the skills of younger learners.
Note – You can also request for an online essay writer to help revise and polish your paper from top to bottom.
- Online Reading Tools and Mathematic Games also help students reinforce their mathematic-solving skills and comprehension reading. Such tools are best for elementary to middle school classrooms.
- Introducing commonly used learning tools like MS Officeand Google Drive for real-time classroom practice. Students can learn to create spreadsheets, create slide shows and use MS Office and Google Docs to accumulate and present information neatly.
Furthermore, such technology is often used in professional environments too. Getting accustomed to these technologies during classroom learning leads to positive career development.
- Google Street viewis another option to integrate into classroom learning. Google Streetview allows students to take digital field trips and explore parks, forests and other famous monuments.
By viewing these locations real-time, students will likely develop more interest in these locations and would want to learn more about them (beyond the scope of their textbooks).
Integrating technology in classrooms allows more effective communication between tutor and learner (along with peers and parents). Students actively partake in project learning activities and get feedback from tutors. They even have a say in their learning and use the power of technology to achieve their learning objectives.
Learning technology is also making waves outside classrooms. Several online assignment tutoring platforms allow students to complete complex written tasks without stressing out. They can easily hire a competent essay writer and learn to compile high-scoring written tasks from scratch.
Furthermore, such platforms present other convenient learning software and resources to assist students in achieving their academic ambitions.
Sign up with one such tutoring platform unhesitantly if you need help writing an essay!
Raymond is an essay writer for MyAssignmentHelp.com. He specialises in English and Economics and helps students work on such essays. He also offers topic and concept tutoring sessions if needed. Rick has a Masters in English and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from California University!